Research & Tech Reports
Highlighted Recent Research Publications
- Investigating Impacts of STARS Program Components on Persistence in Computing for Black and White College Students, Haley Crews, Tiffany Barnes , Josh Pollock, Susan Fisk , Jamie Payton, Tom McKlin, Audrey Rorrer, Rachel Harred, and Veronica Catete.Proceedings of the Eighth Conference on Research in Equity and Sustained Participation in Engineering, Computing, and Technology (RESPECT), May 2022.
- Exploring the Data on Dual Pandemics: How Racism and COVID-19 Have Impacted the Computing Community. Quincy Brown, Wendy Dubow, Jamie Payton, Beth A Quinn, Betsy Bizot. Proceedings of the 52nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (Panel abstract), March 2021.
- The STARS Aligned: Intersectional and institutional analyses of 2006-2016 STARS faculty and student surveys. McKlin, T., Rorrer, A., Fisk, S., and Barnes, T. (2021). Technical report, STARS Computing Corps, Philadelphia, PA.
- Retaining Black women in computing: A comparative analysis of interventions for computing persistence. Susan Fisk, Toqa Hassan, Audrey Rorrer, Tiffany Barnes, Tom McKlin, Jamie Payton. (2022). Technical report, STARS Computing Corps, Philadelphia, PA. (accepted with revisions to TOCE, expected publication date in Summer 2023)
- Quantitatively Evaluating the Impact of STARS Participation on Persistence in Computing: A Longitudinal Analysis. McKlin, T., Rorrer, A., Fisk, S., Barnes, T., Payton, J., (2022). Technical report, STARS Computing Corps, Philadelphia, PA.
- Retaining Members of Underrepresented Groups in Computing: A qualitative examination. Brittany Watts, Susan Fisk, Tom McKlin, Audrey Rorrer, Tiffany Barnes, Jamie Payton. (2022) Draft technical report, STARS Computing Corps, Philadelphia, PA.